Outline of this presentation:
- Context: Climate change challenge
- Context: Motu’s ETS Dialogue
- Managing international emission reductions
- Predictable policy and clear price signals in the NZ ETS
- Managing domestic unit supply
- Price safeguards
- Making it happen
Summary of key messages
- New Zealand’s purchase of international emission reductions needs to be managed by government.
- Our aim is to create a stable, non-political architecture for managing ETS supply and price under uncertainty.
- This aim can be achieved with practical changes to the NZ ETS.
Video footage of this presentation is available here (password Climate517)